So, as the Lord has blessed us with another spanking new year, let us get excited about the new possibilities and opportunities that lie ahead. We will continue to need your support, time, talent, and treasures to make the most of this new year.
As Children of God, let us resolve to respond to what God is calling us to do. We should buckle up and enjoy the ride with the Lord in this new year. Every new year is an opportunity to start over so let me share a few new year resolutions that seem to work for me:
- Don’t sweat the little stuff: Keep the Essentials essential and the Non-Essentials non-essential.
- Spend more time with cheerful people: The Grouches will pull you down.
- Keep learning: Learn more about God, nature, gardening, computers. Read some good books, including the all-time best seller, the Bible. The bottom line is to keep your brain busy.
- Enjoy the simple things in life: Food, music, fresh air, nature, the seasons, the beach, good movies, etc.
- Cry out: Grieve when you have to, for your tears cleanse your soul; after that, move on.
- Laugh often, laugh long and loud, laugh at yourself. It is good medicine for your body.
- Have company: Spend time with your family, friends, and pets.
- Have some solitary time as well: It is good to ponder and reflect alone from time to time.
- Live a healthy life: If your health is good, keep working on it. If it is not where it needs to be, work on improving it. Cherish your health. It is your wealth.
- Don’t take guilt trips: Take that vacation, go to the mall, the next state, the next country, take the next trip but not a guilt trip.
- Say I love you to your loved ones at every opportunity: Those are the best words we all need to hear, especially family, children, friends, relatives and all those we love. God is love and God wants us to share His love.
- Above all, put God first: When you do, everything else will fall into place.
I pray and hope that this new year of 2017 would be a great year for all of us as we focus on God. May you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year in 2017!
Love and Peace
Pastor Kofi Ashley